Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology
Are you ready to live pain free?
Patients, like you, who suffer from acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain now have access to an innovative, non-invasive treatment that will get you feeling better faster.
CuraMedix Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology (EPAT®) is the most advanced non-invasive technology, which uses energy based on unique sets of acoustic pressure waves.
EPAT helps to improve the regenerative potential, rather than further damage an area that has degenerated because of poor blood flow, tissue injury, overuse or weakness. It is the most advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment method cleared by the FDA. This proprietary technology is based on a unique set of pressure waves that stimulate the metabolism, enhance blood circulation and accelerate the healing process.
In as few as three weekly five to ten minute sessions, you’ll be able to return to your favorite sport or activity. And there’s no downtime.
Find out how you can be pain-free.
Indications of Use for EPAT
Generally, acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain and/or pain that significantly impairs mobility or quality of life including:
- Foot and heel pain
- Achilles pain
- Tendon and/or tendon insertion pain
- Trigger points
Benefits of EPAT
- No anesthesia required
- No risk of infection
- No scarring
- No downtime
- Over 80% patient satisfaction
- Cost effective
- Faster, easier healing
How EPAT Works
Coupling gel is applied to the treatment area of interest to enhance effectiveness. After these preparations, EPAT pressure waves are released via the applicator moved over the area of interest in a circular motion.
EPAT has a proven success rate that is equal to or greater than that of traditional treatment methods (including surgery) and without the risks, complications and lengthy recovery time.
- Performed in your physician’s office/clinic
- Does not require anesthesia
- Requires a minimal amount of time
- Bear weight (i.e. walk) immediately
- Return to work/normal activities within 24-48 hours
- Resume strenuous activities after 4 weeks
What to Expect
- Some patients report immediate pain relief after the treatment, although it can take up to four weeks for pain relief to begin. The procedure eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving your quality of life. Over 80% of patients treated report to be pain free and/or have significant pain reduction.
- This FDA cleared technology was developed in Europe and is currently used around the globe. A wealth of medical experience, state-of-the-art engineering and optimal quality has been built into each EPAT device, and extensive clinical studies and tests have confirmed its safety and efficacy.
- Treatment sessions take approximately 5-10 minutes depending on the disorder to be treated. Generally, at least 3 treatment sessions are necessary at weekly intervals.
- The non-invasive EPAT treatment has virtually no risks or side effects. In some cases patients may experience some minor discomfort, which may continue for a few days. It is normal to have some residual pain after intense exercise or a full day of work.